HIGHWAY LIGHTING MAINTENANCE SUNDAY NIGHT, SEPTEMBER 25 – FRIDAY NIGHT, SEPTEMBER 30 IN ALLEGHENY COUNTY
Highway lightning maintenance on various Allegheny County roadways will begin on Sunday night, September 25 weather permitting.
Lane and shoulder restrictions will occur Sunday through Friday nights from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. in each direction on the following roadways:
- Route 28 from Pittsburgh to Butler County
- I-79 from Washington County to Butler County
- I-279 (Parkway North) from the Fort Duquesne Bridge to I-79
- I-376 (Parkways West and East) from Beaver County to the Pennsylvania Turnpike in Monroeville
- I-579 from I-279 to the Boulevard of the Allies
ROUTE 65 OHIO RIVER BOULEVARD IMPROVEMENT PROJECT MONDAY, MAY 23 - NOVEMBER
The Route 65 (Ohio River Boulevard) Improvement Project in the City of Pittsburgh, Allegheny County will begin this morning, Monday, May 23 weather permitting.
Long-term lane restrictions will be implemented on southbound Route 65 beginning at 9 a.m. Monday, May 23 in the following locations:
McKees Rocks Bridge to the West End Bridge
- A single-lane restriction will be implemented. One lane of traffic will remain open through early July.
West End Bridge to the Fort Duquesne Bridge
- A single-lane restriction will occur on Monday to allow crews to conduct work on the shoulder.
- Beginning on Tuesday morning at approximately 9 a.m., long-term restrictions will be implemented. Two 11 foot wide lanes will be maintained through early August.
This $25.28 million improvement project will include concrete patching, an asphalt overlay, bridge rehabilitation, drainage and guiderail updates, signage, retaining wall repairs and pavement marking installation. Construction will occur in several phases throughout 2016 and includes a 75 day detoured closure of southbound Route 65 and several ramp closures. Additional press releases will be issued as work becomes scheduled. 2016 work is expected to be complete by November 1.
The project will continue in 2017 with work in the northbound direction. No northbound work in 2016 is anticipated at this time, however, minor repairs with restrictions may occur. The overall project will end in September of 2017.