INBOUND I-376 PARKWAY WEST OVERNIGHT CLOSURES CONTINUE MONDAY – FRIDAY NIGHTS, AUGUST 22 – 26
Overnight closure on I-376 (Parkway West) in Allegheny County, will occur Monday through Friday nights, August 22-26 weather permitting.
Overnight closures of the eastbound (inbound) Parkway West will occur from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. each night between the I-79 (Exit 64A) interchange and Parkway Center Drive. Crews will conduct message board installation. All traffic will be detoured.
Posted Eastbound Detour Route Between I-79 and Parkway Center Drive
- Motorists will exit I-376 at the I-79 south (Exit 64A) interchange towards Washington
- Follow I-79 south to the Carnegie (Exit 57) interchange off-ramp
- At the end of the off-ramp, turn left onto West Main Street
- West Main Street becomes Mansfield Boulevard
- Turn right onto Chestnut Street
- Turn left onto East Main Street
- East Main Street becomes Noblestown Road
- Turn right onto Mansfield Avenue
- Turn left onto Greentree Road
- Turn right onto Parkway Center Drive
- Follow to I-376
- End detour
Additionally, a single-lane restriction will occur on westbound (outbound) I-376 between the Parkway Center Drive (Exit 68) and I-79 (Exit 64A) interchanges from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. Work will begin two hours after the end of any Pirate home game.
ROUTE 65 OHIO RIVER BOULEVARD IMPROVEMENT PROJECT MONDAY, MAY 23 - NOVEMBER
The Route 65 (Ohio River Boulevard) Improvement Project in the City of Pittsburgh, Allegheny County will begin this morning, Monday, May 23 weather permitting.
Long-term lane restrictions will be implemented on southbound Route 65 beginning at 9 a.m. Monday, May 23 in the following locations:
McKees Rocks Bridge to the West End Bridge
- A single-lane restriction will be implemented. One lane of traffic will remain open through early July.
West End Bridge to the Fort Duquesne Bridge
- A single-lane restriction will occur on Monday to allow crews to conduct work on the shoulder.
- Beginning on Tuesday morning at approximately 9 a.m., long-term restrictions will be implemented. Two 11 foot wide lanes will be maintained through early August.
This $25.28 million improvement project will include concrete patching, an asphalt overlay, bridge rehabilitation, drainage and guiderail updates, signage, retaining wall repairs and pavement marking installation. Construction will occur in several phases throughout 2016 and includes a 75 day detoured closure of southbound Route 65 and several ramp closures. Additional press releases will be issued as work becomes scheduled. 2016 work is expected to be complete by November 1.
The project will continue in 2017 with work in the northbound direction. No northbound work in 2016 is anticipated at this time, however, minor repairs with restrictions may occur. The overall project will end in September of 2017.