ROUTE 51 WEST CARSON STREET VIADUCT DETOUR SATURDAY AUG. 3 – LATE AUGUST 2015
The project includes replacing a structurally deficient viaduct that supports a portion of Route 51 between the West End Circle and Stanhope Street in the City of Pittsburgh. Additional construction activities include wall and sidewalk rehabilitation, roadway reconstruction, drainage upgrades, signal improvements and extensive utility relocations. Overall work will conclude in late summer 2015.
Beginning at 6 a.m. on Saturday, Aug. 3, northbound (outbound) Route 51 will be closed to traffic around-the-clock from the West End Bridge to Stanhope Street through late August of 2015. Southbound (inbound) Route 51 will remain a single lane through the corridor.
Overnight and weekend southbound closures will be implemented as needed through the life of the project.
Northbound traffic will be detoured at the West End Bridge. Signs will be posted to guide motorists.
NORTHBOUND DETOUR ROUTE
• From the West End Circle, take the West End Bridge northbound
• Turn left onto northbound Route 65
• Turn left onto the McKees Rocks Bridge
• Follow the McKees Rocks Bridge back to Route 51
• End detour
Southbound (inbound) motorists can use the detour in the opposite direction as an alternative route.
SOUTHBOUND ALTERNATE ROUTE
• From southbound Route 51, turn left across the McKees Rocks Bridge
• Turn right onto southbound Route 65
• Turn right onto the West End Bridge
• Follow the West End Bridge back to Route 51
• End alternative route
Motorists are advised to use caution and allow extra time when traveling through the area. Visit 511pa.com or call 511 from any phone to check traffic conditions on major roadways before traveling.