Downtown Pittsburgh Parking
Worried about finding parking Downtown? No need—the PDP is here to help. Use our handy interactive parking map to find lots of parking options—even $5 evening, weekend and event parking.
Located at the corner of 12th Street and Penn Ave., the Grant Street Transportation Center offers convenient and guaranteed (not to mention low cost!) parking 24/7 with round-the-clock security. This state-of-the-art facility is a short walk to the Convention Center and businesses in the Strip District, Liberty Ave., Penn Ave., 12th St., Grant St.
ParkPGH is very useful application available on the iPhone, the web, text messaging and a call-in service. It supplies real-time information about parking availability in all Cultural District garages, calculating the number of available spaces every 30 seconds. Learn more http://www.ParkPGH.org.
PDP's Reserved Parking Program
Convenient, hassle-free parking Downtown is just a phone call or mouse click away with the PDP's Reserved Parking Program. This courtesy program allows visitors to reserve a parking space during Monday through Friday, between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m., in participating garages.
A minimum 24-hour advance notice is required. Parking reservation requests are processed during business hours, but NOT accepted after 2:30 p.m. Friday for the following Monday.
You can reserve a spot more than 24 hours in the future. When you reserve a parking space, you are guaranteed a place to park but at the regular parking rate. Your reservation will be guaranteed for 15 minutes beyond the time stated in your reservation. At that time, the garage has the option of releasing the space.
Click here to access the online reservation form.
Enter the garage at your designated arrival time (ONLY between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m.). Once parked, you may stay as long as you wish beyond 2 p.m. And, if you have tickets for an upcoming show in the Cultural District, you can make your parking reservations now to secure a space!
If you have questions, call (412) 566-4190.
Parking Garages Participating in the Reserved Parking Program:
- Smithfield Liberty Garage (6' Maximum Height)
- Ninth and Penn Avenue (6'7" Maximum Height)
- Third Avenue (6'6" Maximum Height)
- Wood Street & Boulevard of the Allies (6'6' Maximum Height)
- Fort Duquesne and Sixth (6'6" Maximum Height)
- First Avenue Garage and Station (7' Entrance Maximum Height - 6'6" 2nd Level Maximum Height)
- Oliver (at Piatt Place) (8'2" Entrance Maximum Height - 7' Basement Maximum Height)
- Grant Street Transportation Center (A-6'8" Maximum Height, B-8'2" Maximum Height, 2-7 6'8" Maximum Height)
- Theater Square Garage (7’2” Maximum Height)
- Three PNC Plaza Garage (6'8" Maximum Height)
- Sixth and Penn Avenue Garage (6’ 6” Maximum Height)
* The Reserved Parking Program is sponsored by the Pittsburgh Parking Authority, Alco Parking and the Pittsburgh Downtown Partnership.
On-Street Multi-Space Meter Parking
The City of Pittsburgh's new multi-space parking meters are popping up all over Downtown, including Market Square and the North Shore just to name a few spots. These high-tech, easy-to-use meter systems will allow Downtown visitors to park closer and more conveniently to their desired destination. See the instructional video below on how to use the simple new meter systems. Click here for frequently asked questions about the Pay-by-License Plate Meters.
Street meters hours are Monday – Saturday 8:00 am-6:00 pm and lots are Monday- Saturday 8:00 am -10:00 pm.