Downtown Pittsburgh Parking
Worried about finding parking Downtown? No need—the PDP is here to help. Use our handy interactive parking map to find lots of parking options—even $5 evening, weekend and event parking.
Located at the corner of 12th Street and Penn Ave., the Grant Street Transportation Center offers convenient and guaranteed (not to mention low cost!) parking 24/7 with round-the-clock security. This state-of-the-art facility is a short walk to the Convention Center and businesses in the Strip District, Liberty Ave., Penn Ave., 12th St., Grant St.
*Important Parking Update:
The Pittsburgh Parking Authority Board increased parking rates in certain garages as of August 1. Increases in Downtown parking facilities went up from $1 – $4.25, depending upon the facility.
- Monongahela Wharf went up $1 to $9 per day
- Second Avenue Parking Plaza went up $2 to $8 per day
- First Avenue Garage went up $2.25 to $11 per day
- Wood-Allies, Fort Duquesne-Sixth and Ninth and Penn garages went up $2.25 to $12 per day
- Third Avenue Garage went up $3.25 to $16 per day
- Oliver Garage went up $4.25 to $17 per day
- Mellon Square and Smithfield-Liberty garages went up $4.25 to $18 per day
Hourly rates for shorter-term parking at the garages raised proportionately, and garage leases also increased, generally by $25 to $45 per month.
ParkPGH is very useful application available on the iPhone, the web, text messaging and a call-in service. It supplies real-time information about parking availability in all Cultural District garages, calculating the number of available spaces every 30 seconds. Learn more http://www.ParkPGH.org.
PDP's Reserved Parking Program
Convenient, hassle-free parking in Downtown is just a mouse click away using the PDP’s Reserved Parking Program Online Reservation Form. This courtesy program allows visitors to reserve a parking space for use Monday through Friday between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. in participating garages.
When you reserve a parking space, you are guaranteed a place to park at the regular parking rate. Your reservation will be held for 15 minutes beyond the time stated in your reservation. At that time, the garage has the option of releasing the space.
Please note the following:
- A minimum of 24 hours’ prior notice is required per request
- You may request a reservation for use more than 24 hours in the future
- Parking reservation requests are processed during business hours but NOT accepted after 2:30 p.m. on Fridays for the following Mondays
Click here to access the PDP’s online reservation form.
Enter the garage at your designated arrival time (ONLY between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m.). Once parked, you may stay as long as you wish beyond 2 p.m. And, if you have tickets for an upcoming show in the Cultural District, you can make your parking reservations now to secure a space!
If you have questions, call (412) 566-4190.
Parking Garages Participating in the Reserved Parking Program
· Ninth and Penn Avenue (6'7" Maximum Height)
· Third Avenue (6'6" Maximum Height)
· Wood Street & Boulevard of the Allies (6'6' Maximum Height)
· Fort Duquesne and Sixth (6'6" Maximum Height)
· First Avenue Garage and Station (7' Entrance Maximum Height - 6'6" 2nd Level Maximum Height)
· Oliver (at Piatt Place) (8'2" Entrance Maximum Height - 7' Basement Maximum Height)
· Grant Street Transportation Center (A-6'8" Maximum Height, B-8'2" Maximum Height, 2-7 6'8" Maximum Height)
· Theater Square Garage (7’2” Maximum Height)
· Three PNC Plaza Garage (6'8" Maximum Height)
· Sixth and Penn Avenue Garage (6’ 6” Maximum Height)
· Exchange Way/Liberty Avenue Lot (limit 4)
* The Reserved Parking Program is sponsored by the Pittsburgh Parking Authority, Alco Parking and the Pittsburgh Downtown Partnership.
· ParkPGH (Initiative of the Pittsburgh Cultural Trust)
On-Street Multi-Space Meter Parking
The City of Pittsburgh's new multi-space parking meters are popping up all over Downtown, including Market Square and the North Shore just to name a few spots. These high-tech, easy-to-use meter systems will allow Downtown visitors to park closer and more conveniently to their desired destination. See the instructional video below on how to use the simple new meter systems. Click here for frequently asked questions about the Pay-by-License Plate Meters.
Street meters hours are Monday – Saturday 8:00 am-6:00 pm and lots are Monday- Saturday 8:00 am -10:00 pm.