Downtown Pittsburgh Parking
Worried about finding parking Downtown? No need—the PDP is here to help. Use our handy interactive parking map to find lots of parking options—even $5 evening, weekend and event parking.
Located at the corner of 12th Street and Penn Ave., the Grant Street Transportation Center offers convenient and guaranteed (not to mention low cost!) parking 24/7 with round-the-clock security. This state-of-the-art facility is a short walk to the Convention Center and businesses in the Strip District, Liberty Ave., Penn Ave., 12th St., Grant St.
*Important Parking Update:
The Pittsburgh Parking Authority Board increased parking rates in certain garages as of August 1. Increases in Downtown parking facilities went up from $1 – $4.25, depending upon the facility.
- Monongahela Wharf went up $1 to $9 per day
- Second Avenue Parking Plaza went up $2 to $8 per day
- First Avenue Garage went up $2.25 to $11 per day
- Wood-Allies, Fort Duquesne-Sixth and Ninth and Penn garages went up $2.25 to $12 per day
- Third Avenue Garage went up $3.25 to $16 per day
- Oliver Garage went up $4.25 to $17 per day
- Mellon Square and Smithfield-Liberty garages went up $4.25 to $18 per day
Hourly rates for shorter-term parking at the garages raised proportionately, and garage leases also increased, generally by $25 to $45 per month.
ParkPGH is very useful application available on the iPhone, the web, text messaging and a call-in service. It supplies real-time information about parking availability in all Cultural District garages, calculating the number of available spaces every 30 seconds. Learn more http://www.ParkPGH.org.
PDP's Reserved Parking Program
Convenient, hassle-free parking Downtown is just a phone call or mouse click away with the PDP's Reserved Parking Program. This courtesy program allows visitors to reserve a parking space during Monday through Friday, between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m., in participating garages.
A minimum 24-hour advance notice is required. Parking reservation requests are processed during business hours, but NOT accepted after 2:30 p.m. Friday for the following Monday.
Reservations for Monday, October 27 must be received by 11:30 a.m. on Friday, October 24. Thank you.
You can reserve a spot more than 24 hours in the future. When you reserve a parking space, you are guaranteed a place to park but at the regular parking rate. Your reservation will be guaranteed for 15 minutes beyond the time stated in your reservation. At that time, the garage has the option of releasing the space.
Click here to access the online reservation form.
IMPORTANT CONSTRUCTION NOTICE
The Pittsburgh Parking Authority will be undertaking a major construction project at the Smithfield/Liberty Garage starting June 9, 2014 and running through July, 2015. Due to the size and scope of the project, it is expected that the garage will lose approximately 250 parking spaces per day for the duration of the project; both leaseholders and daily patrons of the garage can expect tight parking conditions.
Consequently, during the renovation period, the Pittsburgh Downtown Partnership’s Parking Reservation Program will be unable to accept any reservations for the Smithfield/Liberty Garage.
Listed below in alphabetical order are a few indoor and outdoor parking options in lieu of the Smithfield/Liberty Garage. Beginning June 9, 2014, please consider selecting one of these from the drop-down menu on our online parking reservation form. Of course, our other participating parking facilities will be available for your use as well
- Fort Duquesne Boulevard and Sixth Street – 126 Sixth Street, indoor
- Ninth Street and Penn Avenue – 136 Ninth Street, indoor
- Exchange Way/Liberty Avenue Lot – 917/919 Liberty Avenue, outdoor (directly across Liberty from the Smithfield Liberty Garage, beside the Ewart Building at 925 Liberty Ave.)
- Sixth Street and Penn Avenue – 526 Penn Avenue, indoor
- Theatre Square Garage – 667 Penn Avenue, indoor
Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience during this very important structural project, thank you for your understanding and patience.
Enter the garage at your designated arrival time (ONLY between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m.). Once parked, you may stay as long as you wish beyond 2 p.m. And, if you have tickets for an upcoming show in the Cultural District, you can make your parking reservations now to secure a space!
If you have questions, call (412) 566-4190.
Parking Garages Participating in the Reserved Parking Program
· Ninth and Penn Avenue (6'7" Maximum Height)
· Third Avenue (6'6" Maximum Height)
· Wood Street & Boulevard of the Allies (6'6' Maximum Height)
· Fort Duquesne and Sixth (6'6" Maximum Height)
· First Avenue Garage and Station (7' Entrance Maximum Height - 6'6" 2nd Level Maximum Height)
· Oliver (at Piatt Place) (8'2" Entrance Maximum Height - 7' Basement Maximum Height)
· Grant Street Transportation Center (A-6'8" Maximum Height, B-8'2" Maximum Height, 2-7 6'8" Maximum Height)
· Theater Square Garage (7’2” Maximum Height)
· Three PNC Plaza Garage (6'8" Maximum Height)
· Sixth and Penn Avenue Garage (6’ 6” Maximum Height)
· Exchange Way/Liberty Avenue Lot (limit 4)
* The Reserved Parking Program is sponsored by the Pittsburgh Parking Authority, Alco Parking and the Pittsburgh Downtown Partnership.
· ParkPGH (Initiative of the Pittsburgh Cultural Trust)
On-Street Multi-Space Meter Parking
The City of Pittsburgh's new multi-space parking meters are popping up all over Downtown, including Market Square and the North Shore just to name a few spots. These high-tech, easy-to-use meter systems will allow Downtown visitors to park closer and more conveniently to their desired destination. See the instructional video below on how to use the simple new meter systems. Click here for frequently asked questions about the Pay-by-License Plate Meters.
Street meters hours are Monday – Saturday 8:00 am-6:00 pm and lots are Monday- Saturday 8:00 am -10:00 pm.