Release Date: Wednesday, November 14th 2012
LIGHT UP NIGHT® STREET CLOSURES AND PARKING RESTRICTIONS
LIGHT UP NIGHT STREET CLOSURES AND PARKING RESTRICTIONS
PITTSBURGH– The following are the street closures and enforced parking restrictions for Light Up Night 2012 Celebration. We ask that the public adhere to the signs and barricades that will be erected in the various locations of the pre-determined street closures. Also, some areas that have updated to the kiosk parking system will have street closure signs posted on/near the parking kiosks and/or utility poles, where appropriate, since there are no longer meters on which to post the signs. The PBP wants the public to be aware and look for parking restriction signs when selecting a parking location so as not to impede the traffic/pedestrian flow of the scheduled activities.
The PBP ask that you utilize the numerous surface lots and parking structures available for convenient parking as this will help to ensure that you are not parked in a no-parking restricted area. The PBP also asks that you remove any visible valuables from your vehicles (GPS systems, IPods, laptops etc.) The holiday season is upon us and there are predators who seek the opportunity to vandalize vehicles when they observe unsecured valuables left in plain view. DON’T BECOME A VICTIM! LOCK ALL VALUABLES AND PACKAGES AWAY!
LIGHT UP NIGHT ROAD CLOSURES
The following roadways will be closed for all the events for Light Up Night Celebration:
Unveiling of the Macy’s Window
The streets that will be shut down at 1630 hours by off-duty officers to accommodate the pedestrians watching the “Unveiling of the Macy’s Window” are as follows:
- Smithfield Street between Fourth Ave and & Fifth Ave.
- The road will be shut down from 1800 hours to 2030 hours. The window will be unveiled at 1815 hours. The Port Authority buses will be allowed to use Smithfield Street from 1630-1800 hours. After 1800 hours, all bus traffic will be detoured. Off duty officers will man the barricades at Smithfield & Fifth, Smithfield & Forbes and at Smithfield & Fourth.
The following streets will be shut down for the “Santa Spectacular” in Point State Park:
- Commonwealth Place will be closed from 1600-2200 hours. Off duty officers will man the barricades at Commonwealth & New Penn and Commonwealth & Ft Duquesne Blvd. Wyndam Valet vehicles will be permitted through
Highmark Unity Tree Lighting
The following streets will be shut down for the “Highmark Unity Tree Lighting”:
- 1400-1645 hours – Delray will close and set up on Fifth Ave Place sidewalk will take place
- 1800-2200 – Liberty Ave between Fifth Ave & the turn around at New Liberty/New Penn. An off duty officer will man the road closure
- Holly Trolley vehicle will be permitted to be parked on Liberty Ave between Fifth Ave & Stanwix St from 1800-2200.
- The parade will go through this area approximately 1845 hours.
- Stanwix St between Ft Duquesne Blvd and Third Ave
Light Up Night Festivities
The following streets will be shut down for the “Light Up Night Festivities”:
- Fourth Ave between Wood & Stanwix St from 1600-2200
- Forbes Ave at Wood and all of Market Square from 0900-2400
- Roberto Clemente Bridge from 0500-0100
- Andy Warhol Bridge from 0900-2400
- Rachel Carson Bridge from 2215-2200 for fireworks show only
- Ft Duquesne Blvd outbound between Stanwix & Rachel Carson Bridge from 1800-2200